Minnesota Employment Attorneys for Employers
Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. law firm in Minneapolis, Minnesota represents management in labor and employment law matters. The Firm regularly advises employers on a variety of issues, including:
- hiring decisions
- discipline and termination issues
- layoffs and reductions-in-force (RIFs)
- employment contracts
- employee handbooks and policy development
- human resources training
- record-keeping and regulatory compliance
- risk management and avoiding employment claims
In addition, the Firm has helped small and emerging businesses, Fortune 500 companies, non-profit organizations, and public employers comply with a variety of state and federal laws regarding:
- wages and hours
- pre-employment screening and background checks
- drug and alcohol testing in the workplace
- employment discrimination
- sexual harassment
- reasonable accommodation
- employee leaves of absence
- sales representatives
- unpaid wages and commissions
- plant closings
- collective bargaining
- labor relations
The Minnesota employment attorneys of Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. routinely assists employers in drafting various personnel documents and agreements, including:
- job applications
- employee handbooks
- employment agreements
- non-compete and trade secrets agreements
- executive compensation and commission plans
- independent contractor and consulting agreements
- sexual harassment policies
- affirmative action plans
- separation agreements and releases
- severance packages
- RIF plans
In addition to the Firm's counseling practice, Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. represents employers in the defense of administrative charges of discrimination, grievance arbitrations, unfair labor practice proceedings, and employment-related litigation. Our Minnesota employment attorneys have appeared before various state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including:
- Minnesota Court of Appeals
- Hennepin County District Court
- Ramsey County District Court
- Washington County District Court
- Anoka County District Court
- Dakota County District Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Bankruptcy Court for the District of Minnesota
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Minnesota Department of Human Rights
- Minnesota Department of Employment & Economic Development
- Minnesota Department of Labor - Wage & Hour Division
- Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)
If you need assistance in drafting your employment forms and agreements, advice on discipline and termination issues, or to represent you before the EEOC, Minnesota Department of Human Rights, or in the courts in a wrongful termination case, we would welcome the opportunity to represent your company.
Minnesota Employment Attorneys for Executives
In addition to representing management in employment law issues, Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. represents highly compensated executives, business owners, professionals, and sales reps concerning their employment agreements, non-compete agreements, workplace investigations, collection of unpaid wages, commissions, and bonuses, and in drafting and negotiating suitable severance packages. Typical clients include business owners, CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CAOs, accountants, architects, chiropractors, doctors, engineers, recruiters, salespersons, and independent manufacturers' sales representatives.
Minnesota Employment Law Consultation
We pride ourselves on providing creative and cost-effective legal representation for Minnesota employers and executives.
For new clients, we offer an initial consultation regarding your Minnesota employment law questions. The consultation covers up to two (2) hours of legal assistance for $500. To schedule your initial consultation, please read the Terms & Conditions and contact Legal Assistant Joni Spratt at 612-455-0500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to the possibility of representing you!
Craig W. Trepanier, Esq.
Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A.
8000 Flour Exchange Building
310 Fourth Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
© 2013 Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A.
The Minneapolis employment attorneys of Trepanier MacGillis Battina P.A. in Minneapolis, Minnesota represent employers and executives regarding EEOC charges and wrongful termination litigation, employee handbooks, employment contracts, sales representatives, FMLA leave, ADA reasonable accommodations, termination decisions, reductions-in-force, layoffs, separation agreements, severance packages, wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, investigations, drug and alcohol testing, wage and hour law, overtime, unpaid wages, and unpaid commissions. Our Minneapolis employment attorneys represent clients in Minneapolis, St. Paul, St. Cloud, Rochester, Duluth, Albert Lea, Apple Valley, Brainerd, Eagan, Eden Prairie, Edina, Elk River, Mankato, Maple Grove, Minnetonka, Moorhead, Richfield, Stillwater, Twin Cities, and other cities within the State of Minnesota (MN) (Minn.).